It’s a good time to refinance your student loans
These days it seems like everyone is trying to find new ways to save, plan for the unknown and eliminate debt as quickly as possible. If you’re paying down private student loans, or getting ready to, we have good news: Now’s the time to refinance.
When you can lock in a lower interest rate and/or better loan terms, you’ll improve cash flow and open the door to do more with your money. From saving more, to planning more, to eliminating debt sooner, you can achieve it all when you refinance your private student loans with us.
- No application fees.
- No prepayment fees.
- No collateral.
- One monthly payment when refinancing multiple loans.
- The chance to integrate loans from different lenders.
- The ability to combine undergraduate and graduate loans.
- A cosigner release option.
- An auto-pay deduction of 0.25%1.
- The choice of fixed or variable rates.
Is refinancing with TFCU right for you?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you looking for a lower interest rate?
- Have you graduated from an eligible school?
- Have you completed a terminal degree and have no plans for further education?
- Do you have a steady job with reliable income?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, it might be time to refi.
If you have federal student, grad PLUS or parent PLUS loans, learn about provisions of the CARES Act that benefit you.
What do you need when you apply?
Be prepared to provide us with:
- Proof of degree completion.
- Your driver’s license or state ID number.
- Your Social Security number.
- Tax forms, specifically W-2 and 1099 forms for the previous one to two years.
- Bank, credit card and mortgage statements.
- Statements from all your existing student loans.
You may also need a co-signer – it could get you better terms.
What are you waiting for?
Have questions about refinancing or membership? Call 866-727-4624 to speak to a TFCU member services representative.
Certain restrictions and limitations may apply. Thrivent Federal Credit Union reserves the right to change or discontinue these programs without notice. All loans are subject to credit approval and may not be available in certain schools or certain jurisdictions.
1 Automated payment discount(s) only apply when full payments of principal and interest are automatically drafted from a bank account. Discount(s) will continue unless (1) the automatic deduction of payments is stopped (including times during deferment or forbearance) or (2) there are two automatic deductions denied by your bank.